Implement an evidence-based, hands-on STEM program that meets/exceeds national STEM standards! Fun and engaging classroom videos teach all the core concepts, and our video onboarding series for teachers makes class prep easy (no previous LEGO robotics experience necessary). Better yet, there’s no need to invest in a fleet of proprietary robotics sets; our unique, project-based curriculum works with the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 or Arduino LEGO Robot set ($125 each) with different lesson plans for K to 10th grade.
Quick & Easy Implementation
Teachers with little-to-no LEGO robotics experience can watch our step-by-step tutorials and demos to quickly learn how to facilitate our hands-on, video-based lessons and support students’ success.
Let the ‘Robot Guy’ do the teaching. Engaging classroom videos (inspired by Bill Nye the Science Guy) are easy for kids to follow and easy for teachers to implement, explaining and demonstrating all the concepts and techniques necessary for each lesson. Step-by-step programming and robot building helps the student to learn by doing.
Appropriate for Grade K to 10th
Two learning tracks (beginner / advanced) make the curriculum appropriate for all skills levels and for enrichment programs as well as students with learning differences. Curriculum for grades K-10 with new types of robots and programming each year. Nine Add-on kits available with a new Arduino board, electronics, and aluminum alloy building pieces to allow for teaching additional electronic and electronic concepts with sensors such as interactive lights and sounds for very cool projects that the kids (and teachers) will love.
Aligns with National STEM and STEAM Standards
If you’re applying for a STEM / STEAM grant, we can help you! Check this list to see how our LEGO Robotics Curriculum enables you to meet grant criteria.
Have Grand Money? Our curriculum, robots and professional development training match criteria for Title I or Title II or Auxiliary Grants. Schedule a call to discuss options or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request purchase order.
Hands-On, Project-Based Learning
Students learn creative problem solving by engaging with real-world Engineering Design Challenges. Students build and code robots to solve everyday problems such as cleaning the room, picking up LEGOs, BattleBot competitions, Jousting, and more. Each lesson ends with an application to real-world engineering.
Our lessons and activities were developed by LEGO robotics world champions and refined over more than a decade. We’ve seen our students improve their grades in school, win world titles in robotics and invention competitions, and earn scholarships to STEM-based programs at top universities.
Chart and Measure Student Progress
Our rubric and student worksheets help teachers to keep track of students’ accomplishments. Implement a K to 10th grade robotics program that meets local and national STEM guidelines. Enroll your school today!
What Teachers Are Saying...
Curriculum Demo Reel
These clips taken from Robot Academy episodes, tutorials, and demos will give you a taste of what’s in the curriculum. Schedule a live demo to learn more and/or ask questions!
"Robot Guy" / Tech Director, Robot Academy
Director of Operations, Robot Academy
Robot Academy STEAM Curriculum works with Three Types of Robots
- Online Professional Development for robotics teachers, entire staff, FIRST LEGO League Coaches, and other teaching professionals interested in learning robot building and coding from robotics experts.
- One-on-one mentorship and instruction 100% tailored to your needs.
- 60-minute or 120-minute sessions with flexible scheduling and content to meet your needs.
- More than one teacher can participate in the sessions for free.
- Once you purchase a plan, we’ll connect via phone or email to help you select an instructor and book a time.
- Optional FIRST LEGO LEAGUE lessons: learn from an instructor who won 1st place Robot Performance at the FLL World Festival twice.
LEGO Robot STEM Curriculum for K to 10th grade
Compete STEM Curriculum with Robots and Lessons
Our unique lesson plans enable you to provide a high quality STEM program with 6 LEGO robotics sets per classroom.
Specific lesson plans and robot add-ons for each grade.
With our curriculum, students still get extensive hands-on building and programming experience by engaging with group and individual activities that don’t require each student to have a full robotics set in front of them at all times.
Optional video curriculum for a turnkey solution.
Join our Email List
Arduino LEGO Robot
- Robot Academy Arduino LEGO Robot compatible with a wide range of hardware including Chromebook, PC, MAC, iPad.
- One-stop programming platform designed for STEAM education for all ages and levels. It supports both block-based and textual programming languages. Switching from block-based programming to Python or Arduino C is just one click away.
- Ideal for learning the basics of programming in primary education through intuitive and easy to understand block-based programming for K to 10th grade students.
- Our robot has four expansion ports and can connect to more than 100 kinds of electronic modules for students to learn new curriculum each year.
- Robot available in Blue or Pink. Please specify color at checkout.
STEAM CurriculumLesson Plans + Robots
- Ready-to-use lesson plans and teacher training videos make implementation easy
- Two 2-hour Private Online Interactive Lessons on Arduino LEGO Robot (4 hours total) taught to individual, class, or entire staff
- 6 Arduino LEGO Robots Sets (for most classrooms, this sufficient to implement the program)
Classroom Videos+ Lesson Plans + Robots
- Engaging “Robot Guy” videos teach building/programming fundamentals, robot design strategies, kid-friendly testing methodologies, and advanced building/programming techniques with two-year license
- Ready-to-use lesson plans and teacher training videos to use with Classroom Supply Kit (additional charge) to make implementation easy. Each level of curriculum includes specific lesson plans and robot add-ons for each grade (K-10).Specificleson pans and robot add-ons for years of education of gr
- Two 2-hour Private Online Interactive Lessons on LEGO MINSTORMS EV3, LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor, or Arduino LEGO Robot (4 hours total) taught to individual, class, or entire staff
- 6 LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 CORE sets or Arduino LEGO Robot Education Core Sets with LEGO Education Curriculum Expansion Kit (6 add-on sets in each Expansion Kit )
Who is Robot Academy?
15 Years of STEAM Education
Robot Academy empowers kids to become engineers, programmers, inventors and entrepreneurs… all while having FUN with like-minded kids and inspirational instructors. For over 15 years, Robot Academy has built confidence in students using STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) instruction.
Robot Academy offers in-person STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) camps and private LEGO Robot BattleBot events in the Columbus, Ohio area. We provide STEAM Curriculum to schools and provide live, interactive virtual camps and private lessons worldwide. Robot Academy students use LEGO Mindstorms or Robot Academy’s Arduino LEGO Robots to learn about robotics, inventions, and coding in Scratch or Python.
Co-founder, Owner, Robot Academy
Gail Vawter is the Co-founder and Co-owner of Robot Academy. She studied computer science and economics at Denison, earned an MBA at IWU, and has worked as a tech exec for Fortune 500 companies. Her passion is helping young students to get excited about STEAM. As a teacher and coach of student science teams, her teams placed nationally at numerous Invention Competitions: FIRST’s Global Innovation Awards (3 times), FIRST Lego League World Champions (2 times), National Inventors Hall of Fame, US Army’s eCybermission (5 times), NSTA/Toshiba ExploraVision, NASA’s Space Day (2 times) and Invention Convention (4 Edison winners). Her team’s accomplishments have been recognized by the Ohio Senate and Ohio House of Representatives. We incorporate this into our curriculum to help kids excel with STEAM.
Choose the Right Plan for Your School
NOTE: Prices will increase on Dec 1, 2019
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Starter Module
(available until 5/17/2019)
- 1 Professionally-Produced “Robot Guy” Video
- 2 In-Depth Building/Programming Tutorials
- License to Display Videos: 1 Location for 1 Year
- 1 Comprehensive Teacher Training Videos
- Ready-To-Use Lesson Plans and Templates
- BONUS: Live "Onboarding" Webinar with Michael and Gail