Video Curriculum with Makeblock mBot2 (Modules A and B)
Classroom Set Contains:
- 1 Year License (with annual renewal) access to curriculum content.
- Engaging “Robot Guy” videos teach building/programming fundamentals, robot design strategies, kid-friendly testing methodologies, and advanced building/programming techniques. Choice of annual or lifetime license.
- Ready-to-use lesson plans, grading rubrics, and worksheets to use with videos for Module A and B.
- 6 Robot Academy mBot2 Arduino LEGO Robot with Powered Arm. Robots are reusable for numerous years of use. Robot parts are not consumable or disposable.
- 60 Technic™ LEGO® pieces with Robot Academy bin.
- 1 BattleBot Arena Challenge Mat for Module B.
- Figure 8 Challenge Mat.
- 1-hour Professional Development (PD) for Robot Academy Arduino LEGO® Robot curriculum taught to individual teacher, group of teachers, or entire staff. Choice of PD on Zoom (no additional cost) or In-person PD (minimum 2-hour PD, travel costs from Columbus, OH at an additional cost for in-person training).
- Coding platform for beginners using Scratch. Coding with Arduino C or Python available for experienced coders. All the robots are compatible with Chromebook, PC, MAC and iPad. The one-stop programming platform is designed for STEAM education for all ages (K-12) and levels by supporting both block-based and textual programming languages.
- Robot Academy User Guide for Robot Academy Arduino LEGO® Robot including troubleshooting tips.
- Unlimited use of Robot Academy video curriculum for technology classroom, summer camp, after-school class, STEM Lab, community events. The annual license enables use of our classroom videos, challenge mats, and lesson plans for one year at one physical location. The license can be renewed at $750/year for each location. If not renewed, your license to use our videos, challenge mats, classroom supply kit, and lesson plans will be revoked, but the robots, expansion sets, and programming language software that came bundled with the curriculum set will still be usable. Additional licenses must be purchased for use at multiple locations.
|Product Name||mBot2 with LEGO Robot with Powered Arm|
|Product Description||With a PBL-based design, mBot2 blends metal parts, powerful hardware, block-based coding and Python coding into one single robot. It features a brand new AI-powered programmable control board, high-precision encoder motors and a newly-designed sensor system. Students learn more about computer & sicence, IoT, AI, block-based coding and Python as they are designing and assembling their robots.
The mBot2 kit is designed for teachers and students of upper elementary grades and high schools to teach and learn coding, science & tech and robotics.
mBot2 is ready to use right out of the box thanks to its straightforward design. And it has great extension capabilities so it can connect to extension modules and metal parts to fit into different educational settings.
|Key Product Features 1-5||CyberPi integrates a full color display, speaker, microphone, light sensor, gyroscope, LED strips and more into one device; the in-built Wi-Fi + Bluetooth module allows for connection to the internet so it’s empowered with some great AI and IoT functionalities, such as speech recognition, voice synthesis, account cloud broadcast, LAN broadcast and uploading data to Google Sheet over the internet.|
|mBot2 Shield features an in-built rechargeable li-ion battery (2500mAh), two ports for encoder motors, two ports for dc motors and four ports for servos. Some of the servo ports can connect to LED strips, Arduino analog/digital sensors. mBot2 is thusly fully prepared for students and teachers who may have special needs for motor drivers in terms of amount and type.|
|The USB Type-C Cable connects CyberPi to the software for coding or to the shield for providing power.|
|Ultrasonic Sensor 2 owns 8 dazzling ambient lights. So it can convey more subtle emotions at the same time while measuring distance precisely. Its fully injection-molded casing provides better protection for the module.|
|Quad RGB Sensor can detect lines and colors at the same time. And its quad channel design makes precise detection of intersections possible. Its ambient lights help reduce the false identification rate. The fully injection-molded casing provides better protection for the module.|
|180 Optical Encoder Motor comes with 1.5Kg·cm torque, a speed of 200RPM and detection accuracy of 1°, delivering stable mechanical power to the robot.|
|Specifications (Optional)||1. Mast Control CyberPi: specially designed for AI and IoT education, and supports Python for better educational experience
01) Processor performance: 240MHz
02) ROM: 448KB
03) SRAM: 520KB
04) Processor core: dual-core Xtensa 32-bit LX6
05) SPI Flash: 8MB
06) Multithreading: support
07) Number of programs: up to 8
08) Python: support Live and Upload modes
09) Communication: Bluetooth +WiFi
10) Onboard sensors: light sensor, microphone (recordable, with sound-sensor-like functionality), gyroscope, accelerometer
11)Onboard output: 1.44-inch full color display
Based on the master control, with rechargeable li-ion battery
01) Battery capacity: 2500mAh
02) Discharge rage: 3C
03) Power rating: 27.75W
04) Number of encoder motors ports: 2
05) Number of DC motors ports: 2
06) Number of servo ports: 4
07) Number of LED strip compatible ports: 2 (share port with the servo port)
08) Number of Arduino compatible ports: 2 (share port with the servo port)
09) Number of electronic extension modules supported: no limit, recommended for up to 10
3. Ultrasonic Sensor 2:
01) Casing: plastic
02) in-built chip: yes
03) Number of ambient lights: 8
4. Quad RGB Sensor
Quad RGB Sensor uses visible lights for fill lights, which significantly enhances its anti-interference ability to ambient light and enables color recognition while detecting lines. The ambient light calibration function also reduces the interference of ambient light on its line detection performance.
01) Casing: plastic
02) Number of line-following sensors: 4
03) Number of color sensors: 4 (embedded in line-following sensors)
04) Number of light sensors: 4 (embedded in line-following sensors)
05) Fill light: visible light as the fill light
06) Has ambient light calibration: yes
|Packing Method||Box Packing|
With 12 mBot2 LEGO Robot Kits, With No Robot Kits